Maria lechuga- July 8, 2018


July 8, 2018
            Today, I had the privilege to go hiking on potato hill. It took over 25 minutes to reach the top of the mountain. I struggled going up that hill because it is very steep. While I was walking up that hill I wanted to give up so many times, but I kept going. Once I reached the top I felt great and accomplished. I’m not the type to give up so I kept going until I reached it I was motivated to do so. While hiking potatoes hill I met a wonderful young lady who helped me along the trail to get back to our campsite. I learned many knew thing about Native American traditions. She spoke to me a lot about her traditions and religion. After hiking potato hill, we went back to our campsite and made our own breakfast and enjoyed each other’s company. We left potato hill because the number of mosquitoes there are at the campsite. We are now at Camp chaparral and I hope to enjoy this campsite as well. Doug Onley is a forester who took us around the Yakama Nation Reservation for a tour and showed us all the different trees there are on the land. He’s been working here for over 40 years and attended White Swan high school. He loves the mountains and the outdoors. There are several animals I saw today, a brown bear, wild turkeys, and heard that there are coyotes out here at Camp chaparral. We went to the lake for a couple minutes. The lake is fascinating, beautiful, and has very clear water. A much better day than the first for sure.
Potato Hill 
Potato Hill 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maria Lechuga- July 10, 2018

Maria Lechuga- July 15, 2018

Maria Lechuga- July 9, 2018