Maria Lechuga- July 7, 2018


July 7, 2018
            Climate change was top of the discussion today. We had a presenter at Heritage University named Jonalee Squeochs who spoke about this issue in dept and how the climate will be changing drastically in the future. Learning about the environment is important to be knowledgeable about because it helps us take better care of it. Today, we are camping at potato hill. The view is amazingly beautiful, and it is a privilege to be here because it is sacred native American land. I have lived in Wapato all my life and I have never heard of the Yakama Nation Reservation closed area. Yakama Nation Reservation campsite is only available to Native American tribal members who require a permit to enter and Heritage University had the opportunity to enter the sacred land. I feel honored to have permission to be here.  I had the chance to see the biggest tree in Washington State and had a closer view of Mt. Adams. It has been an amazing night despite the swarm of mosquitoes. This is my first-time camping and I learned how to set my own camping tent. I do not spend my time outdoors which means I’m more of an indoor type of individual. This is a new experience for me and I hope I learn new things from it.


Mt. Adams 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maria Lechuga- July 10, 2018

Maria Lechuga- July 15, 2018

Maria Lechuga- July 9, 2018